This is certainly a challenging time for all of us, and we are closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our affiliated resorts and your vacations. Because we’re all in this together, we have temporarily updated our cancellation policy below for exchanges and Getaways. We also want to keep you abreast of the latest information, so we have published a list of resorts that have closed to ensure the safety of their guests and employees. Additionally, some of our resort partners have shared important information on the operating status of their properties. We will continue to update these resources as we receive new information. We are thinking of you — please stay safe.
Updated Cancellation Policy (as of April 7, 2020)
If you purchased Trip Protection for your exchange or Getaway booking, you should contact Allianz Global Assistance at 1-800-419-7642 to discuss your options. Please note, Allianz Global Assistance is experiencing extremely high call volume. Unless you are having a travel emergency, please wait to contact them if you are not traveling in the next 72 hours, so they can assist those in need of immediate assistance.
If you have not purchased travel insurance, or if your reason for cancellation is not covered by insurance, please read below for temporary adjustments that we have made to our cancellation policies to provide you with peace of mind during this unprecedented time. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make any necessary changes based on the circumstances.
• For all exchanges with check-in dates through May 31, 2020, members may change their destination and/or travel date without incurring an additional exchange fee. Travel must be completed by December 24, 2020. If you prefer more time to travel, we can provide you with our standard fee-based replacement-week certificate, which is good for one year.
• For all exchanges with a check-in date after May 31, 2020, our standard exchange cancellation policies apply. We commit that we will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as necessary.
• Members who make exchanges between March 14, 2020, and May 31, 2020, will have the option to retrade to another available destination and/or date if your plans change — without incurring an additional exchange fee.
• For Getaways cancelled with check-in dates through May 31, 2020, you will have the option to apply the amount paid toward a future Getaway. If you are unable to identify your travel destination/date at the time of cancellation, you will be provided with a no-fee replacement-week certificate for which travel must be completed by December 24, 2020.
• For any cancellation of a Getaway that is booked between March 14, 2020, and May 31, 2020, you will have the option to apply the amount paid toward a future Getaway.
• Members who book a cruise through Interval Travel will follow the policies of each individual cruise line. Please call Interval Travel, and we will inform you of your options and facilitate your cancellation for you.
We encourage you to visit Community to communicate with your fellow members and stay abreast of any future policy updates.
We value your membership and appreciate your patience and understanding. We are committed to supporting you in this time of uncertainty — and providing you with wonderful vacation memories in the future.